DIVINE BAKERY Designed in 1897 by G. Granger Fleming as a Presbyterian Church for Scottish residents, the space has retained its ecclesiastical architecture. The bell tower was destroyed in 1922 when Airforce pilots aimed to bomb strikers on Fordsburg Square and hit the church spire instead. By the 1930s the church was owned by the Ebenezer Congregational Church and subsequently the Lebanese Maronite Church. The Ebrahim family, who bought the church in 1971, referenced the propertyÕs past in the name of their confectionary business: Divine Bakery.