Opened in 1911, the branch station served Northern Johannesburg, with the elevated site giving a clear view of the surrounding suburbs. To fit with the character of the surrounding houses, it was designed in a decorative style, and became known as the ÒDollÕs HouseÓ. The building was restored in 2006 and the engine bay enlarged to accommodate modern fire engines.